News and Upcoming Pumpkinfest Events
Be sure to check back here for all the latest news about our upcoming festival or click the RSS icon to the right and subscribe to our news feed.
- 2021 Summer Job Opportunities! Pumpkinfest Administrative Assistants / Tourism Ambassadors
May 24, 2021 | 0 comments
Work at the Port Elgin Tourism Office this summer as a Port Elgin Pumpkinfest Administrative Assistant and Tourism Ambassador! This is a full time summer position and is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidates. Start date is June 21st and there are two positions open.
This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age, be a Canadian citizen, and be eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate will assist the Pumpkinfest Coordinator in logistics and administration of the organization and its objectives. Working out of the Port Elgin Tourism Office will also include various tourism duties and opportunities. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- answering inquiries via phone, internet, social media and walk-ins to the office
- maintaining pumpkinfest vendor, attractions and car show databases and payments
- aid in social media posts and insights
- helping to implement logistics and update Beach Flea Market vendor database and process payments
- Create weekly Flea market map and communicate with vendors and organizing committee
- attend weekly Flea Market, promoting local events and Pumpkinfest
- become familiar with the non-profit co-op groups and their needs from the resource center, aid in the updating of that database
- aid in logistical planning and equipment rental contracts for the Pumpkinfest event
- attend various meetings and industry events with the coordinator
- represent Port Elgin Pumpkinfest in a professional manner and help with administration of day to day office operations
The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, have an outgoing personalty and be comfortable working within a busy office environment. The employee will work out of the Port Elgin Tourism Office at 559 Goderich Street.
All applications can be email to:
ATTN: Joanne Robbins, Summer Job Opportunity; moc.liamg@eptsefnikpmup
Call 519-389-3714 for further information
We thank you for your interest. Only succesful candidates will be contacted for interviews.Read More >>
- Lions Club and Pumpkinfest Partner for a May Long Weekend Mega Bingo!
April 26, 2021 | 1 comment
Pumpkinfest is proud to announce that they are once again partnering with the Port Elgin Lions Club to bring you a May Long Weekend Mega Bingo!
We know the lockdown has us all looking for something to do, safely from our own homes. Make a family night of it!
May 22 - 6PM - $30/book
16 Games - Prizes Totalling $5450
Cards Available at:
- Port Elgin: Circle K, ESSO, Pizza Delight, Vanderwerf's Independent Grocer
- Southampton: Dizzy Bird, Foodland
- Paisley: FreshMart
Watch on Bruce Telecom, Eastlink or You Tube
- Port Elgin Pumpkinfest Recognized at Festival & Events Ontario Summit!
March 2, 2021 | 0 comments
The Pumpkinfest Team is extremely proud to receive a FEO (Festival and Events Ontario) Achievement Award for the 2020 event at the recent FEO Summit! The criteria for FEO Achievement Awards were specifically for events that were able to Adapt - Pivot - Evolve in these challenging times.
“When we read the criteria for the 2020 awards submission, all three of the criteria words certainly hit home for Pumpkinfest 2020!” states coordinator Joanne Robbins. “I am immensely proud of the whole Pumpkinfest Team, friends and sponsors, who saw the value in moving forward through a COVID-19 challenging year. This award belongs to all of us.”
The submission elaborated on Pumpkinfest’s innovations to stage the 2020 event including:
- The Bruce Power International Weigh Off was a live webcast event, with growers able to weigh their vegetables at an Official Weigh Off Site, and the public able to watch it all live in real time.
- The traditional OPG Environmental Tent was transformed into “the OPG Pumpkin Pack Wednesdays” – a drive through pick up event held the three weeks before the festival giving recipients much appreciated bag of interactive fun family themed experiences done in the safety of their own home.
- The OLG Cinderella’s Carriage Virtual Car Show page on our website had over 350 attendees or "uploaders". Most included a story about their vehicle and its history that was a great hit with enthusiasts and gave us great content on our social media channels.
- Bruce Telecom Harvest Star Search Talent Show and other harvest activities encouraged the public to upload photos and videos to our website that we could use throughout the live webcast and showcase all year long.
Adapt - Pivot - Evolve. These aren’t just buzz words; they are strong pillars for the event industry as we move from 2020 into the new year. 2021 will bring challenges as well, but the Pumpkinfest Team is ready!
To see all the great uploaded pictures and videos visit www.pumpkinfest.org
To see the full taped event please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMYVy5j12w
REAL FUN. VIRTUALLY DELIVERED. PUMPKINFESTRead More >>