News and Upcoming Pumpkinfest Events
Be sure to check back here for all the latest news about our upcoming festival or click the RSS icon to the right and subscribe to our news feed.
- Lions Club and Pumpkinfest Partner for a May Long Weekend Mega Bingo!
April 26, 2021 | 1 comment
Pumpkinfest is proud to announce that they are once again partnering with the Port Elgin Lions Club to bring you a May Long Weekend Mega Bingo!
We know the lockdown has us all looking for something to do, safely from our own homes. Make a family night of it!
May 22 - 6PM - $30/book
16 Games - Prizes Totalling $5450
Cards Available at:
- Port Elgin: Circle K, ESSO, Pizza Delight, Vanderwerf's Independent Grocer
- Southampton: Dizzy Bird, Foodland
- Paisley: FreshMart
Watch on Bruce Telecom, Eastlink or You Tube
- Port Elgin Pumpkinfest Recognized at Festival & Events Ontario Summit!
March 2, 2021 | 0 comments
The Pumpkinfest Team is extremely proud to receive a FEO (Festival and Events Ontario) Achievement Award for the 2020 event at the recent FEO Summit! The criteria for FEO Achievement Awards were specifically for events that were able to Adapt - Pivot - Evolve in these challenging times.
“When we read the criteria for the 2020 awards submission, all three of the criteria words certainly hit home for Pumpkinfest 2020!” states coordinator Joanne Robbins. “I am immensely proud of the whole Pumpkinfest Team, friends and sponsors, who saw the value in moving forward through a COVID-19 challenging year. This award belongs to all of us.”
The submission elaborated on Pumpkinfest’s innovations to stage the 2020 event including:
- The Bruce Power International Weigh Off was a live webcast event, with growers able to weigh their vegetables at an Official Weigh Off Site, and the public able to watch it all live in real time.
- The traditional OPG Environmental Tent was transformed into “the OPG Pumpkin Pack Wednesdays” – a drive through pick up event held the three weeks before the festival giving recipients much appreciated bag of interactive fun family themed experiences done in the safety of their own home.
- The OLG Cinderella’s Carriage Virtual Car Show page on our website had over 350 attendees or "uploaders". Most included a story about their vehicle and its history that was a great hit with enthusiasts and gave us great content on our social media channels.
- Bruce Telecom Harvest Star Search Talent Show and other harvest activities encouraged the public to upload photos and videos to our website that we could use throughout the live webcast and showcase all year long.
Adapt - Pivot - Evolve. These aren’t just buzz words; they are strong pillars for the event industry as we move from 2020 into the new year. 2021 will bring challenges as well, but the Pumpkinfest Team is ready!
To see all the great uploaded pictures and videos visit www.pumpkinfest.org
To see the full taped event please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMYVy5j12w
REAL FUN. VIRTUALLY DELIVERED. PUMPKINFESTRead More >>
- Pumpkinfest Gives Back
December 4, 2020 | 0 comments
Pumpkinfest is proud to announce that we have tallied the donations made at the on-line event in October and have split the donated funds between long time supporters, Breakers Swim Team and The Cobean Crusaders (Tara Boom Childrens Foundation). Pictured above Dave Mensher, President, presents both groups with the cheques.
Pumpkinfest has traditinally supplied a venue to support over 35 local non profit groups with their fundraising efforts, whether contracting them to do much needed jobs, such as working the gates, or allowing them free space to sell products or food for their varius good works. The virtual festival in 2020 was a very different event that didn't allow for the traditional fundraising efforts for some of these groups, so the Pumpkinfest committee decided to add an option to donate throughout the live event. We want to thank everyone that pushed that "donate" button to support our local non-profits!
We also want to congratulate the Port Elgin Lions Club for supporting many of these local organizations through the proceeds from the Pumpkinfest Mega Bingo, and the Port Elgin Rotary Club who supported the Hospice with their Pumpkin Pie sales.
Port Elgn Pumpkinfest, entering it's 35th year, is already planning for the 2021 festival that takes place the weekend before thanksgiving!Read More >>