2021 Summer Job Opportunities! Pumpkinfest Administrative Assistants / Tourism Ambassadors
May 24, 2021
Work at the Port Elgin Tourism Office this summer as a Port Elgin Pumpkinfest Administrative Assistant and Tourism Ambassador! This is a full time summer position and is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidates. Start date is June 21st and there are two positions open.
This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant. Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age, be a Canadian citizen, and be eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate will assist the Pumpkinfest Coordinator in logistics and administration of the organization and its objectives. Working out of the Port Elgin Tourism Office will also include various tourism duties and opportunities. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- answering inquiries via phone, internet, social media and walk-ins to the office
- maintaining pumpkinfest vendor, attractions and car show databases and payments
- aid in social media posts and insights
- helping to implement logistics and update Beach Flea Market vendor database and process payments
- Create weekly Flea market map and communicate with vendors and organizing committee
- attend weekly Flea Market, promoting local events and Pumpkinfest
- become familiar with the non-profit co-op groups and their needs from the resource center, aid in the updating of that database
- aid in logistical planning and equipment rental contracts for the Pumpkinfest event
- attend various meetings and industry events with the coordinator
- represent Port Elgin Pumpkinfest in a professional manner and help with administration of day to day office operations
The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, have an outgoing personalty and be comfortable working within a busy office environment. The employee will work out of the Port Elgin Tourism Office at 559 Goderich Street.
All applications can be email to:
ATTN: Joanne Robbins, Summer Job Opportunity; moc.liamg@eptsefnikpmup
Call 519-389-3714 for further information
We thank you for your interest. Only succesful candidates will be contacted for interviews.return to news